Building of Weeke Community centre began in 1954, as the housing estate of Weeke and later Harestock, grew up around it. The centre was built by the then residents of Weeke with the help from a large christen church group who stayed on site in tents for around 10 weeks. First to be built was the main hall and a small library. The first expansion of the centre began in the 70’s with the inclusion of the kitchen, stage, small hall and the members lounge. The last expansion was in 2006 when the new ladies toilet, disabled toilet and foyer were added.
The centre has seen many changes during its life but it still remains very much at the centre of the Community in the North of Winchester, covering Weeke, Harestock, Teg Down and further afield.